CanTEEN Girl has a lot to offer but we know there are more things out there to do! Most opportunities will be girls only. We will post some co-ed ones as well. Look out for the “*co-ed.” The STEMisphere also has a searchable site for great STEM programs for kids (Pre-K through Grade 12). Most camps and events are local to our Southwestern PA region but we encourage you to go beyond! If you know of something that isn’t in our list, please tell us! Email Nina at BarbutoN@carnegiesciencecenter.org.
Check out these other awesome opportunities to explore STEM careers:
Competitions and Scholarships:
- Future City Competition*
- Engineer Girl Essay Competition
- Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science*
- Pittsburgh Regional Science and Engineering Fair*
- Siemens Competition*
Girls Bridging Communities is a summer program that focuses on mentoring girls (3rd-5th grade) and building a strong foundation in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM!) We teach through different projects and by creating different things! This year their theme is wellness and will be combining anatomy with robotics! In the first week of the camp girls will learn about systems in the body and during the second week of the camp this knowledge will be applied to create a mini me robot! We will have various guest speakers throughout the program and all lunches will be provided! The camp will be fromJuly 21st to August 1st and all applications are first come first serve!
CanTEEN Camp at the Carnegie Science Center!
Carnegie Mellon University:
- TechNights! - Get creative with Computer Science!
Robert Morris University
Workshops at Carlow Univeristy: Choose from Prepare To Care, Science Nation, Pre-Law and Order, and Environmental Career Opportunities (ECO) Camp
University of Pittsburgh has a list of things for you to do!
- Tech Divas - Take classes in Computer programming, web design big data, mobile applications, and operating systems
- DiscoBio* – See what its like to be in Computational Biology
- UPCI International Academy on Careers in Cancer Program*.
- Investing Now! *- Swanson School of Engineering Summer (and School year) out reach program
- Summer Engineering Academy (SEA)
Carnegie Mellon University:
- Pre-Collage* Learn about architecture or game design and more!
- Architecture Building Communities* – Free week long workshop about Architecture!
- Summer Engineering Experience for Girls (SEE)
- SUCCEED - Expand your understanding of energy, the environment, and how those relate to climate change.
- Andrew’s Leap! *- Get a head start on computer languages and more!
- Summer Academy for Math + Science (SAMS)* – For Juniors and Seniors
- National High School Game Academy (NHSGA)*
- Girls of Steel FIRST Robotics team
Dream, Design, Build – STEM Camp for Girls (Located in Ford City)
Ellis STEM Institute for Girls - If you’re interested in community service, engineering design, and making the world a better place, then this two-week STEM Summer Institute is for you!
Online or National: